Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Best Job Ever...

It really is the BEST job ever... (sometimes i have to stand in front of the mirror and make myself repeat this.. ) but it truly is... My mom inspired me with a card and a great saying ...... that read " As mothers we will touch every generation with our work"... It made me want to teach, give, share more with my kids... I hope that the generations that follow will appreciate my efforts.. great and small... Our kids are the biggest investment we will ever make .. and won't always see results in our lifetime... As a child i didn't always understand the sacrifice my mom made to be at home with us.. In my tiny little mind i thought that she did this because she couldn't get any other job.. And in my teens it embarassed me to have a mom that didn't "Work" and that was all too available for those chaperoning class trips... And as an 18 year old i remember my mom letting go as i moved away from home and saying ... " I have no regrets, I gave you my everything.. you were my job and my life.. " And as an adult i realize that she shaped my life... in everyway.. And i found myself telling her today that I still needed her.. Do we ever stop needing our mothers??? 

Now as a mother myself... i hope that my kids will someday see the value in me 'hanging' around..I hope that they understand that i wouldn't wish to be anywhere else.. that no one could pay me enough to do anything else...  I pray that God would help me to share with them the importance of a love for the things that truly matter... I hope that in teaching them to share they will be kind and considerate people, that in teaching them to love they will be filled with compassion for a world in all its need, that in teaching them to speak nicely that the heart of them will be visible, in teaching them to be clean they will leave the world a better place, and in teaching them to say please and thank you that they will be easy to love... 

I have been somewhat upset lately at the thought of this day arriving .. as Wade is pretty anti-man made holidays.. and his two favorite sayings about this day are "Isn't every day Mothers Day?" and "You aren't MY mother"... and found myself saying to him that all i really wanted was for him to Say Thank YOu to me until the kids were old enough... Anyways as the kids were napping this afternoon I was chastised to think about how many times thru out the year Wade says thank you... Just the other day he was talking to the boys and said .. do you know how lucky you are to have a mommy that ...I drifted out.. because its become common place to hear him say things like that... So really... HOW LUCKY AM I... Thanks to all the mothers of the people that are special to me .. for doing such a good job... Thanks to all my friends who are mothers that inspire me and encourage me... Thanks to my own mom for giving me the best years of her life.. and really thank you to my husband for giving me this opportunity.... 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome post. My hubby thought Mothers Day was next weekend.... And I too am not his Mother!!! Lol- I was entering in to your post and then the reality check that he's verbally grateful year round!

Anonymous said...

Very touching and well said Leanna. I love your honesty and sentiment and I already know you are a good Mom to your kids.
I believe Mothers day is a personal event and at the same time, there is a bit of 'mothering' in all of us - it's called loving care.
I salute you.
Donna C

Anonymous said...

Precious
LoveRobin

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...