Friday, February 27, 2009

Life's Little Ironies

So on Monday we went for our 18-20 week ultrasound of Baby #3... We are half way there - and that is extremely hard to believe because most days (except for being extremely tired - but who wouldn't be with a 2 yr old and an 8 mth old) I forget that I am... And as far as the theory that you get bigger each pregnancy ... this hasn't held true either... So most days i forget... Anyways after we wrapped our head around the idea of 3... we were very excited and instantly fell in love at our first ultrasound.. However given past history I find the "ultrasound" a little daunting... (I did have 27 with Jace)... so for this one Wade wasn't able to come... (drum roll and eerie music start playing now as this is sounding familiar) After 45 minutes the tech says to me.. Well we're going to have to bring you back in for another ultrasound because we can't check the brain because its head is buried, and we can't see the heart... (UGHGHGHG - you are kidding me)... She reassuredly says "but everything else looks totally normal".. I am now having MAJOR DE JA VUe... 

Anyways I am sure that it is all very fine but when i turn my internal clock back to week 19 with Jace i find myself hearing the same words...  Why does life take our breathe away like this??? 

Somehow the term 'moments in life that take our breathe away' I never pictured these... 

3 comments:

Cody, Amanda, Kade and Kianna said...

Gotta love when they say those things...Hope everything is good. I hear ya on the 27 ultrasounds too get pretty used to those things. Can't believe you are already halfway. Wa hoo.

letisha said...

hey leanna!
we will be holding our breath and crossing our fingers and toes, hoping all goes well!
keep us posted!
thinking of you
tish

Anonymous said...

o!Leanna...we are so thankful you are the strong & amazing woman/wife/mother/daughter that you are...we love you to bits!mom & dad stewart

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...