Monday, September 5, 2011

Kindergarten - Day One








I must admit that this day terrified me... and i'm not sure yet if i'm thrilled.. but Isaac is.. I think its the end of getting to spend the majority of the day with your child.. (i'm completely normal there were days i prayed for this moment).. However it has filled me with a deep sadness... I cannot believe how fast the years have gone.. On Wednesday during "quiet" time Isaac slipped onto the bed beside me and we snuggled .. and the tears started to flow.. and i realized that these really precious moments would be only a memory.. On a lighter note.. as a mother of a son.. I sucked it up and acted like it didnt affect me when he didnt want to hold my hand walking up to the school.. and when i gently told him after the 20 minute parent classroom session , that i was going.. and he didnt even really notice .. i didnt cry.. Their school puts on a "Boo Hoo" tea for us parents having a hard time.. It was so sweet and cute and made me feel better about leaving him there. He seems to love it so far. His teacher is Senora Beare .. And so the beginning of the end has started.. :( Wade got me a little wall plaque on the day Isaac started school that says " Don't cry because its over.. Smile because it happened ".. (so true.. ) I'm now wondering if its appropriate to still drop off your grade 12er and feel a bit sad....(i might be over it by then)

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Oh, so sweet. After I moved baby into her own room and had my heart all torn up over it, I can only imagine how hard the first day of school is for Momma :)

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...