Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Lucky Duck!!

Can you tell i've read tooo many kids books..

So awhile back Wade and I had an intense conversation about some things about our "new" house that i wanted to change.. Don't get me wrong... i absolutely adore our home.. but there are a few things that just aren't me.. not that they even look bad.. in fact some of it is even amazing.. just not my taste.. The reason it was intense was initially Wade thought it was just me .. being uncontent.. (sometimes true... i do have this trait coarsing thru my veins.. i gotta be honest)... However after i explained that this was my office.. my workspace.. where great things happen... and that it would be like him everyday going to work and building a house - whose plan he hated..... So we agreed that if .. somehow.. outside of the budget we could afford these small fixes that he would be more than happy to assist/do them :) Like birthdays...  Well this year i hit the jackpot.. My grandma Peppley gave all of us kids some $$ this year for our birthdays.. and my family all so kindly asked what i'd like .. and i said $$ ... and so the carefully calculated "List" was formed... this is where it gets good... Rebecca ... my super duper sis-in-law was out and we were bored and i was showing her what i'd like for our kitchen and had been shopping around for to spend my birthday cashoola on.. So she said to leave it with her because she gets great discounts on all this type of cool stuff.. WELL.. today a little delivery showed up ... MY BACKSPLASH TILE... and it is beautiful... and the best part... a truly awesome gift from my great in-laws :) Now what to spend my money on..... thinks mama needs a new pair of shoes :) (joking.. not this year)

P.S. I also feel special blessed because my 2 year old sang me "Happy Birthday" all the way home from Superstore this morning... AND

A good friend of mine is taking me on a suprise "girl"date tonite... AND tomorrow nite I get to spend the evening with some of my bestest friends :)))

 (isn't she beautiful... excuse the needs to be vacuumed rug :()

This followed me home from HOMESENSE today... :)

How's that for getting old!!! You want to too... i can tell .

3 comments:

mandypants said...

Oooo I do want one too! Well deserved gifts....Happy Early Birthday!

PS love the tile!

sharmilla said...

Oooh... so pretty! Looks like your birthday is off to a great start! Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Leanna,
hope you have fun out on the town. AND HAVE FUN SPENDING YOUR bIRTHDAY MONEY.aUNTIE sANDI
HAVING DIFFICULTIES WRITING TODAY

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...