Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Isaac

It is hard to believe that pretty much right now our 'Isaac Man' entered the world. Its been an amazing 4 years and although the endless amounts of sleep, spontaneous trips anywhere, and time to spare were nice... this gig called 'motherhood' is pretty much the best.. No one can ever prepare you for it.. (thank goodness) but no one tells you how much it changes you forever.  I was not prepared for how much it changes your heart. And this little man was a wonderful start.. I can hardly believe that the days spent staring at him sleeping, and cooing and smiling are over... and he has been replaced with this little guy.. Most of the time he is my biggest helper.. (even so young he is very good at trips to the garbage, clearing the table, helping with Brooke, and on and on... ) We are looking forward to year 4.. Already he has a list of all the things he's going to do this year... (pretty typical boy.. most of them involve sports :) Lately he has been crawling into bed at about 10 with me.. and with just a sheepish little smile he says .. "Just until Daddy comes".. be still my heart.. and this is why us moms love our little boys..

2 comments:

sharmilla said...

Ahhhhh FOUR already!!! Happy Happy birthday to Isaac!

mandypants said...

Happy Birthday Isaac!!! You are such a little sweetie.....crawling into bed to snuggle with your mommy, melts my heart!

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...