Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers Day


It started at 6:20 am when Jace decided to wish me a Happy Mother's Day... (early) and to play with me all to himself.. groannnnn... And then by 9 am I had made breakfast for household, and changed not 1...2.... but 3 very poopy diapers.. SIGH.... Did I feel special??? And so my husband says... "Isn't every day Mothers Day".... He is not inspired by Hallmark Holidays and so is largely a non-believer... But I just wanted to apologize for myself... 

Yes there are days when i complain about my kids... when the thought of climbing the stairs to implement a "time-out" or to change yet another diaper almost brings me to tears... when 3 hours of scrubbing our hardwood floor of paint almost reduces me to strangle my little munchkin... when the trip to Emergency seems like a trip up Mount Everest.... and when the crying... well... causes me to cry too... but really.... WOULD I TRADE ONE SINGLE MINUTE OF IT.... 
For a high paying job, where I get to talk to intellegent adults, get dressed up in 'pretty' clothes and take home a pay worthy of 40 hours of work a week.....

NOT A CHANCE... (although somedays it looks awfully tempting).. 

Because really we only get a very short amount of time with our kids, we only get one chance to get it right, all those little firsts like the first step, and their little cooing when they wake up only happen once, and while we can pray for them for 60 + years, we really only have 16 years to teach them... 

Something my husband said to me the other day that touched a deep cord with me... (when raising kids $$ is always tight I believe... and the temptation to pack it in and get a job - at least for me is huge... but this was his response)... At the end of a years worth of work.. look back over what was gained and you'll see nothing extraordinary... but look back at the year and the life of a child... and all the moments that really are priceless... and try and put a dollar value on it... It will never compare... Somethings take years before you see an increase in your investment... but there is something about parenthood that gives great dividends... NOW... 

So today... I am thankful I am a mother... For tiny moments that give me sooo much joy... For my little Employers that are the #1 in the world, and for the paycheques that are HUGE... 

And to the God who gave them to me... to my husband who is so much a part of this... and who unselfishly works and supports us... 

Thanks.. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your blog, just wanted to say these days go so fast and then you get into teenagers, and some of the big issues that you thought were to big when they were small now become so small. And yes money is tough some times but you are giving of yourself and that is what will stay with those little ones through life. You being with them will be more imp to them then things even though when they are young that is what they want. Keep up the good work. It is showing you are teaching your children.Your boys are so sweet. Will have to have lunch someday Love Auntie Sandi

Anonymous said...

awwww leanna. that's the nicest post ever!!!!

thanks for sharing it.....and yes being a mother, and getting to experience all the little eveyday moments with our little children is worth more than any money!!!!

you are an incredible mother!!
and i hope your next few weeks fly by,....so that you feel yourself again!!!

we are so lucky we are given such cute babies...
some ppl aren't so fortunate.

hugs to you.....
thanks for inspiring me too!!
juanita

Michelle Service said...

you summed it up perfectly.

michelle

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...