Monday, April 20, 2009

One 2 year old + 10 minutes Alone = A BIG MESS



So for any of you that are still trying to convince yourselves that your little angels won't go thru the terrible "twos"... ( i too at one point was in a period of denial - but no longer).... This is what one little boy can do with a CLOSED can of paint, a clean roller, and 10 minutes alone... I had run upstairs to put Jace down for a nap and then as he's started pulling himself up on his crib and looking at us with a mischevious look in his eye... went , grabbed the camera and took a picture... By the time I arrived back ... this was the scene that greeted me.... I started cleaning up the mess at 5:30 pm, Wade arrived home at 7 pm and we finished cleaning off the floor, leather couch, lamp, dining room table and chairs, 3 bar stools and counter AT..... 10:15 pm... 
Some people do consider this Art.... and in our household we do all we can to encourage their creative genes... but even this went a bit too far. 

5 comments:

sharmilla said...

EEEEEK!!! I don't even know what to say except I'm so sorry about your misfortune.

You must admit, Isaac's painting tendencies are come by pretty honestly, so you can hardly blame him. I'm sure he was just trying to "help"?

(And no, that's not the sound of me laughing.... really! I'm scared for what my own future holds.)

Cody, Amanda, Kade and Kianna said...

I hear Sharmi...I am too scared at what the future holds...Yikes...Only 10 minutes and a lot of damage done wow im sure he was pretty proud of himself ;)

Jarvis, Alyson Daudi and Adair said...

LOL :0) I have to laugh even if it is at your expense, I am truly sorry about that, but if it wasn't for laughing some days we'd be crying ;0) Glad we aren't the only ones facing the terrible 2's alone! I had a denial period awhile back too :0)

letisha said...

oh my! That is definitely "blog worthy"....thank goodness for hardwood floors!

jen a said...

Sorry I kind of laughed when I saw this post. I probably would have had to restrain my self from killing my 2 yr old if I found this....but it is just stuff and he is your precious little boy....right??!!! I am waiting for my turn!

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...