Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Updated House Pics





Office... 
We are fastly approaching our 6th month in our "New to Us" House, and i must admit i am loving it... There are some days I feel a little guilty having a vehicle as i love being at home.. and could care less if i left.. (don't tell wade that)  Of course on the days the days the boys are driving me crazy... wild horses couldn't keep me home... But slowly we have been adding some touches that make it ours... We wouldn't win any design awards but its coming.. This week I'm working on the boys "new" room in early preparation for the next baby who will move into their room right now.. (another project - YEAH!!!) Just need to add some things to their shelves, and finish sewing the throw pillows and that's about as good as it'll get ... FOR NOW.. 
Dad also built me a beautiful wardrobe for our room - so we could do away with a beautiful antique dresser that was however literally falling apart.. I think Wade stopped changing his socks everyday simply because it took him about 1/2 an hour to get the drawer open every day...

We're looking to hire a landscape designer... (if anyone knows of any ) to help us out with some yard design that we can pick away at this summer as we get the $$, time and energy..  I'm also hoping to stain our cedar shakes and paint the trim on the house a different color before i get too big and clumsy... SO come on SPRING>... 


3 comments:

sharmilla said...

Looks great Lea! Are the boys going to share the bed?

Are you repainting the nursery? ;)

WadenLeaStewart said...

Yep... My sisters boys did from about that age and do great... and i really didn't feel like buying another twin bed and then have a less than 5 year old queen gathering dust and getting wrecked... We did a trial run the other day at nap time and they LOVED it... the issue will be the giggling.. but Jace falls to sleep quick so that will help... Yep the nursery is getting a make over too, want to get rid of the captains bed frame and make a covered one for the twin bed that will stay in there for sleepy nights for me or the odd guest.... So maybe thats what i'll do in April?

mandypants said...

Love it and I'm sure the boys will too!

Someday it will not matter how big my house is, how much money is in the bank, or where i have travelled.. only that I have been important in the life of a child...